how to authenticate - Ntag213 + PN532, use I2C communcation between MCU and PN532

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to authenticate - Ntag213 + PN532, use I2C communcation between MCU and PN532

tsunpinyen
Contributor I

Hi,

I use I2C communcation to control PN532, Now I need to authenticate the PWD in Ntag213.

I send the command [InDataExchange] : D4  40 01 1B  XX XX XX XX DCS 00 , but PN532 send back error frame.

Can any other way to send PWD_AUTH Command to Ntag213?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You can authenticate NTAG213 using the InCommunicateThru command (0x42), like next:

// InListPassiveTarget (1 target, 106 kbps type A)
D4 4A 01 00 E1 00

// PWD_AUTH using InCommunicateThru
D4 42 1B PWD PWD PWD PWD DCS 00

Best Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrfeasP
Contributor I

Can you please clarify what the last 2 bytes are ? (DCS 00‍‍‍‍‍). I'm using an acr122u reader which should be configured correctly to support native nxp commands like PWD_AUTH. I'm using InCommunicateThru command which has the following content in the DataOut field. 

0x1b pw1 pw2 pw3 pw4

This request receives timeout as the status byte in the response is 0x01. (Time Out, the target has not answered ). 

Should I append the crc and disable auto crc calcualtion in the pn532 chip ? Generally which are the correct configurations for the pn532 chip ? 

Thanks in advance,

Orfeas 

0 Kudos