Case sensitivity of file names

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case sensitivity of file names

thomasblank
Contributor II

I am using the Freedom Development Board for the KW41z on Linux and have installed KDS and the KW41 Connectivity Software for Linux as outlined in Step 2 of the Getting Started tour at FRDM-KW41Z|Freedom Development Kit|NXP . However, after that I can not follow any of the examples, because in each one I tried I get a lot of compilation errors because both in the file references in the Project Settings and in #include statements, case sensitivity of file names is not taken care of.

E.g. I have imported the project at MKW41Z_ConnSw_1.0.2/boards/frdmkw41z/wireless_examples/thread/router_eligible_device_ota_client/freertos/kds, I get numerous errors when I try to build, like

"../../../../../../../../rtos/freertos_8.2.3/Source/include/FreeRTOS.h:98:28: fatal error: FreeRTOSConfig.h: No such file or directory" - A file that I *do* have is "MKW41Z_ConnSw_1.0.2/middleware/wireless/framework_5.3.2/common/rtos/freertos/config/freertosconfig.h"  - in all lower case letters. When I rename that file to the mixed case name, that error goes away, leaving me with only 79 to go.

The same problem arises in the generated .project file with the project settings for the IDE. On Project Properties > Resource > Linked Resources > Linked Resources, I get ~40-50 entries with an invalid location. Examplary investigations lead to the problem being that in .project, the referenced file is given as "<locationURI>PARENT-7-PROJECT_LOC/middleware/wireless/ieee_802_15_4_5.3.2/PHY/Source/MKW41Z/Phy.h</locationURI>" I can find the file that I think is meant by this at "MKW41Z_ConnSw_1.0.2/middleware/wireless/ieee_802_15_4_5.3.2/phy/source/MKW41Z/Phy.h" - With a different capitalization at both the names of the folders "phy" and "source".

Please advise on how to resolve this problem.

Labels (1)
2 Replies

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas

Please check the post:

https://community.nxp.com/message/866086 

There is a problem with the paths in linux environment.

Hope this information helps you
Have a great day,
Jorge Alcala

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

thomasblank
Contributor II

Hi, Jorge,

I'm sorry, but that is not a good answer. Others and me have that problem, and as I said, there are sometimes hundreds of errors in just one software example. I can not fix all of these by hand and one by one.

What I really wanted to ask is: Is NXP going to fix the SDK on Linux, so that Linux users can evaluate the Kinetis Software Stack?

Cheers,

Thomas