AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sgpio camera error

Question asked by Dimitris Sideris on Feb 7, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 13, 2017 by Dimitris Sideris

Hi there,

I am trying to get a camera work at my custom PCB.

The uC is 4367 and the camera is OV7670.

I followed the example from here:

AN11343: SGPIO camera module design using LPC4300 | www.LPCware.com 

This example works in dual core M0 and M4.

I changed the code according to my needs and used only M4.

Is there any problem with that whatosoever?

I dont think so because there is also an example with one core setup

AN11196: Camera interface design using SGPIO | www.LPCware.com 

Currently i am under heavy development and in a state that i migrated the code from example 11343 to my code and this error occurs.

arm-none-eabi-gcc -nostdlib -L"C:\Users\d.sideris\Desktop\LPC_workspace\LpcOpen\lpc_chip_43xx\Debug" -L"C:\Users\d.sideris\Desktop\LPC_workspace\LpcOpen\lpc_board_nxp_lpcxpresso_4337\Debug" -Xlinker -Map="periph_sgpio_camera.map" -Xlinker --gc-sections -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mthumb -T "periph_uart_Debug.ld" -o "periph_sgpio_camera.axf"  ./example/src/cr_startup_lpc43xx.o ./example/src/ov7670.o ./example/src/sgpio_camera.o ./example/src/sysinit.o   -llpc_board_nxp_lpcxpresso_4337 -llpc_chip_43xx

c:/nxp/lpcxpresso_8.1.4_606/lpcxpresso/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: periph_sgpio_camera.axf section `.bss' will not fit in region `RamLoc32'

c:/nxp/lpcxpresso_8.1.4_606/lpcxpresso/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `RamLoc32' overflowed by 275540 bytes

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [periph_sgpio_camera.axf] Error 1

I ve searched and read about ramloc32 ovlerflow but i didnt quite understand what i have to do to solve this.

So please I would very like some help!

The 11343 was migrated to the periph_uart lpcopen example because projects goal is to transfer camera data through uart.

So I read that default lpcopen projects have "little memory" occupied. I dont know if this is valid. How can i check and configure what memory is occupied?

Outcomes