How to add S12G48 to CodeWarrior

paulung
Contributor I

Hi there

With the TWR-S12G240-KIT we get:

CW_HC12_51_EVAL.exe

CW12_V5_1_HCS12_G240_SP.exe

CW12_V5_1_PE_V3_03_SP.exe

But our board will be using S12G48. With all the 3 packages above installed, CodeWarrior does not support S12G48.

How do I add S12G48 to CodeWarrior?

Many thanks.

Paul.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

greghanssen
Contributor II

I'm having a similar issue.. My eval CodeWarrior 5.2 doesn't support the G48 (but it does G96 and G128 if I recall).

I downloaded Codewarrior V5.1 on an old XP machine as well as the G64 service pack (which should have G48) but G48 still doesn't show up on the project->Change MCU/Connection option list.. G64 does now.. but not G48.  Where can I find the config file for G48?  Thanks!

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Greg,

Please download G64 service pack for CW5.1 (CodeWarrior for HCS12 v5.1 G64 Service Pack.exe) and install it on your PC with Win10 and CW5.2.
During the installation, please ignore note about the necessary PE update and change the default path to CW5.2 directory.

When you will run CW5.2 again, the G48 should be available.

G48.png

G48_1.png

Tested on my side now.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

greghanssen
Contributor II

Thanks Radek!  Interestingly I still don't see G48 in the Project->Change MCU/Connection (although G64 has been added).

It seems the processor expert now acknowledges G48 not that that's a huge deal for me, but interesting.

More importantly the HiWave debugger now sees G48 under Select Derivative (0x1c5) and so even though I compiled as a G64, I have been able to flash the G48 on my board and the clocks seem to be working as expected.  I think I'm on the right track now.. just need to get CAN working :smileyhappy: Thanks again!

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paul,

You will need CodeWarrior for HCS12 v5.1 G64 Service Pack.exe

This is the service pack for S12G[A/N]64 and S12G[A/N]48 derivatives.

Note: Video how to get CW5.1 and service packs:

https://community.nxp.com/videos/5109

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

paulung
Contributor I

Hi Radek

I could not find the link on your web site. Could you give me the link?

Thanks.

Paul.

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paul,

You are right. It seems, that CW for HCS12 somehow disappeared from IDE list.

I will report this web page issue. Thank you for your notification.

Here is link to CW for HCS12 page

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/software-development-tools/codewarrior-development-to...

Please click on “Download Eval” button and continue according to proposed procedure on the video.

I hope it helps you.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos