cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1012A PBL File Generation

Jump to solution
justinjonas
Contributor III

I am trying to import the default pbl file that came with the SDK for the LS1012A-RDB named PBL_0x35_0x08_800_250_1000_default.bin. When I import it into the CodeWarrior configuration tool and try to generate the code from the default pbl file I get the following errors:

175741_175741.pngpastedImage_1.png

I look in the Component Inspector and there is no errors that I can see. Has anyone else been able to generate the default pbl file again in CodeWarrior?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

By default QCVS will generate the PBL image in the SoC endianness. For LS1012 QSPI boot location, PBL can be generated swapped by selecting RCW source = Quad SPI (QSPI)

pastedImage_1.png

Adrian

View solution in original post

5 Replies
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please provide the QCVS version.

Adrian

0 Kudos
justinjonas
Contributor III

QorIQ Configuration and Validation Suite

Version 4.7.0

Build: 0001-20161027

© NXP Semiconductors. All rights reserved

Visit http://www.nxp.com/qcvs

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You should activate Ignore Constrains and non-Critical errors as in the below image

pastedImage_1.png

Adrian

justinjonas
Contributor III

I can now generate the file from the original but it looks like the opposite endianness. Do you know how to change the endianness or what endianness and output format the pbl should be in (i.e. binary, object dump, etc.)?

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

By default QCVS will generate the PBL image in the SoC endianness. For LS1012 QSPI boot location, PBL can be generated swapped by selecting RCW source = Quad SPI (QSPI)

pastedImage_1.png

Adrian