cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS KW41Z Startup process

Jump to solution
stevenriedl
Contributor III

I'm new to KDS and the Kinetis series. I am working on a KW41Z Thread/Bluetooth project and I can pretty much understand the examples (Thread router eligible device, gpis interrupt). Where I'm drawing a blank is how the chip startup is run and where to insert my code. I vaguely think it has something to do with the .S file, but between board, devices, drivers, rots and the app, I'm a little confused as to the call order.

Is there a startup guide out there, from power stable to main()?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Steven,

There is a thread about startup sequence of kinetis :

startup sequence in detail of kinetis microcontrollers 

The DOC Kerry Zhou recommend  maybe  useful for you:

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/quick-start-guide/KQRUG.pdf?&fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Quick%20Refe... 

And i recommend you first can create a simple project on KDS, then set breakpoint or

debug step by step to check the startup sequence , the startup code all have introduce

in the DOC above .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Steven,

There is a thread about startup sequence of kinetis :

startup sequence in detail of kinetis microcontrollers 

The DOC Kerry Zhou recommend  maybe  useful for you:

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/quick-start-guide/KQRUG.pdf?&fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Quick%20Refe... 

And i recommend you first can create a simple project on KDS, then set breakpoint or

debug step by step to check the startup sequence , the startup code all have introduce

in the DOC above .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

stevenriedl
Contributor III

Thank You, exactly the pointer I was looking for....

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Welcome !

0 Kudos