imxcompositor_g2d and imxv4l2src problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imxcompositor_g2d and imxv4l2src problem

reuelhaavrahami
Contributor III

when trying to combine a picture and video (using  imxv4l2src ) using the imxcompositor_g2d we get very poor framerate. 5% resources are shown with "top".

using the same pipeline while using a filesrc (video) instead, the framerate is as expected with the same resources used.

The only reason I could see is that the camera source outputs the frame in interlace-mode=interleaved, which seemingly is not supported by the imxcompositor_g2d.

When connecting the same camera source to the sink element, the video looks perfect.

The input to the camera interface is UYVY 1280X720 16bit interface.

GStreamer Core Library version 1.4.5

Linux imx6qsabresd 3.14.52-g29edc48-dirty

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Reuel

please try procedures given in sect.7.3.16 Video composition

sect.7.3.15 Video conversion attached Linux Guide.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

reuelhaavrahami
Contributor III

Hi

I looked at the document. using fake sources and file sources works fine and I can see the expected frame rate, but using the imxv4l2src does not work. The output on running the pipeline shows the following

WARNING: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstImxV4l2Sink:imxv4l2sink0: A lot of buffers are being dropped.
Additional debug info:
/home/haggay/workspace/FrameBuffer/fsl-release-bsp/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/gstreamer1.0/1.4.5-r0/gstreamer-1.4.5/libs/gst/base/gstbasesink.c(2794): gst_base_sink_is_too_late (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstImxV4l2Sink:imxv4l2sink0:
There may be a timestamping problem, or this computer is too slow.

0 Kudos