Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qtquick 2D Render in imx6q with framebuffer

Jump to solution
rgallego
Contributor II

Hi,

I need to use in i.mx6q QtQuick with Hw 2D acceleration (no 3D), All information that i found was about DirectFB and QtQuick 2D Render, somebody tested it in imx6?

I readed that direcfb is obsoleted, and that freescale imx6 only supports X11,FB,Wayland and XWayland,

Is is possible get Qt with 2D in Framebuffer?

I'm using 4.1.15_1.0.0

regards

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Rodrigo,

In previous version of Linux BSP  like 3.14.28.  I tested the QT version that was available in the NXP BSP and it works perfect in a i.MX6Solo and it was using Framebuffer.  In the versions  like Linux 4.1.15.  We still have the support for QT, so even I have no tested since NXP does not support  QT,  I don´t see any difference that may change the support for QT, and as you mention you have two options the use of  Framebuffer as the Framework or  the use of QtQuick 2D Render.

Hope this clarifies.

Have a nice day

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Rodrigo,

In previous version of Linux BSP  like 3.14.28.  I tested the QT version that was available in the NXP BSP and it works perfect in a i.MX6Solo and it was using Framebuffer.  In the versions  like Linux 4.1.15.  We still have the support for QT, so even I have no tested since NXP does not support  QT,  I don´t see any difference that may change the support for QT, and as you mention you have two options the use of  Framebuffer as the Framework or  the use of QtQuick 2D Render.

Hope this clarifies.

Have a nice day

0 Kudos
rgallego
Contributor II

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply, I'll try again, because framebufer with QtQuick2D Render didn't work.

regards

0 Kudos