Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert and Demo Apps

Jump to solution
lewwhitacre
Contributor I

This is a new user question.  I have a FRDM K64 board, KDS v3 and KSDK 1.3

Using the K64 demo_apps - hello_world code, I would like to add an external LED and switch to the board. 

How do I invoke Processor Expert to add the additional pin definitions and regenerate the Board and Pin files?   Or in other words, can Processor Expert be used to edit and enhance the existing pin and component resources?  Hopefully I do not have to create a new project from scratch.

Thank you. Best regards,

Lew

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Lew,

If you don't want to create a new project, you can add the gpio code into your proejct,

there is a demo about KSDK1.0 without PE gpio project , it is the same with KSDK 1.3:

Writing your first toggle LED application with FRMD-K64F + KDS 1.1.0 + KSDK 1.0.0 Non-Processor Expe...   

You just need refer to the behind of the tutorial about add which codes.

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Lew,

If you don't want to create a new project, you can add the gpio code into your proejct,

there is a demo about KSDK1.0 without PE gpio project , it is the same with KSDK 1.3:

Writing your first toggle LED application with FRMD-K64F + KDS 1.1.0 + KSDK 1.0.0 Non-Processor Expe...   

You just need refer to the behind of the tutorial about add which codes.

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
harshpatel
Contributor IV

Hello Lew Whitacre

You can follow two different ways to achieve you goal:

1] Open two examples Hello_world and Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\examples\frdmk64f\driver_examples\gpio in KDS. 

- Combine gpio related files in Hello_world example.

- Its Complex method for new user.

2] Create new project using processor expert:

- Configure three components 1 UART and 2 GPIO.

- http://cache.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/user-guides/KDSUG.pdf 

- http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/user-guides/PEXDRVGETSTARTEDUG.pdf 

Hope it helps...  

Let me know if any..

Thanks & regards

Harsh

Einfochips

0 Kudos