CW for PA evaluation period? 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW for PA evaluation period? 

peterscheiwille
Contributor I

I downloaded and installed CW for PA for Network Applications on 6 Jan for evaluation. After installation it ran OK, and on 21 Jan I got an email telling me the evaluation license would expire on 20-2-2017. However when I try and run CW today (1-2-17) it says that the license has already expired. How long should the evaluation period actually be, and can I possible extend the evaluation period? ( I read somewhere on the website that I could...)

Thanks

Peter

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Peter, 

AFAIK you can extend/request an evaluation version 3 times in total.

So you might have already downloaded/requested eval. license 2 times (could be even different product) so you probably cannot extend it automatically now. Anyway you can explicitly request to extend the evaluation period.

To do it please create a support ticket and specify your request:https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329745 

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Peter,

The standard evaluation period is 30 days. Could you please check your license.dat file?

You should see:

#EVALUATION CodeWarrior Development Suite for Networked Applications - 
#CodeWarrior for Power Architecture - Professional Edition (Eclipse-Windows 
#hosted) Evaluation / Updates for XYX Software Account 
# License for ANY 
INCREMENT Win32_CFP_PPC metrowks 10.5 xx-xxx-2017 uncounted \
      0123456789AB VENDOR_STRING="CodeWarrior for Power Architecture \
      - Professional Edition (Eclipse-Windows hosted) Evaluation / \
      Updates" HOSTID=ANY ISSUER="Freescale Semiconductor" \
      ISSUED=xx-xxx-2017 NOTICE=NONE ck=152 SN="FSL - 12345678" \
      TS_OK

what are the highlighted dates in your license.dat file?

Thanks

Stan

0 Kudos

peterscheiwille
Contributor I

Hi Stan

Please see attached for the only license.dat file I can find. It doesn't seem to have the lines you quote in it.

Thanks

Peter

0 Kudos

TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter, you might have used the embedded license that comes with the first installation, you can get the license file with the 45 days after the first download following the next video, I have generated the license on your behalf.

How to access software products and licenses|NXP 

Find it here  

0 Kudos

peterscheiwille
Contributor I
Hi Tomas,

It says on the NXP website that the evaluation license can be extended a limited number of days, but the instructions on the website don't really make sense. Looks like the website has changed since they were written.

Is it still possible to extend the License, and how can I do it?

Thanks

Peter

0 Kudos

peterscheiwille
Contributor I

Oh well, I guess it's no longer possible to extend the evaluation period........ Please update info on the website

0 Kudos