[i.MX8 or below] Can Encrypt/Decrypt a specific buffer?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[i.MX8 or below] Can Encrypt/Decrypt a specific buffer?

justin7
Contributor I

Hi all,

I'd like to encrypt/decrypt a specific buffer in order to store all logs (system, application, etc.) securely.

To do this, I wonder if i.MX8 or below chipsets support this function by HW mechanism.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

archerchan
Contributor I

Hello Victor,

I'm looking for solutions of asymmetric private key storing/protection and have similar question.

What product lines provide black keys feature described in the presentation file above? i.MX 6, 7, or 8?

And can I verify this feature in evaluation kit?

Sincerely,

Archer

0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Here is a presentation regarding to security features of i.MX processors:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-331522

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

justin7
Contributor I

Dear Victor,

Thank you for your prompt response.

What I'd like to do is letting a certain process use HW crypto block whenever it needs in order to encrypt some buffers. Certainly, those buffers MUST be secure and it must not been modified all the time.

I think I need to narrow down my questions.
1. Is this possible in i.MX8? -- letting a certain process use HW crypto block whenever it wants in order to encrypt some buffers
2. If yes, what secure features are recommended to do this? Please list in the pdf you've provided. I need to generate a key, store the key securely and encrypt buffers. Then encrypted data in those secure buffers will be stored in eMMC. Finally, with authorized interfaces (such as Secure JTAG), I'd like to dump out from eMMC to decrypt.

Thank you.
JK

0 Kudos

cliffkong
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi JK,

MX8 and MX6 have no dedicated module for this, but combinational support from distributed modules can be considered. Internal team is looking at this use case based on your description above. Let me come back with update soon.

Thanks,

BR/Cliff

0 Kudos