cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set default virtual screen resolution for IMX6SX

JamesAttewell
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to set the defaults for the virtual y framebuffer parameter on boot. I know how to do it with fbset or from userspace code but I want the mxsfb driver to default to a specific value so I have 2 pages for panning/switching.

I am using an 800x480 5" LCD panel and it always defaults the virtual X to 800 and virtual Y to 480, I need the virtual Y to default to 960 instead.

I am using the Freescale/NXP Community version of Linux.

Thanks for the help

James

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Actually Virtual FrameBuffer is not supported any more on latest GPU drivers.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

JamesAttewell
Contributor I

Hi Victor,

Ok, thanks for the reply.

So, if this is the case, I presume there is no point in letting Qt modify the settings by default to use the virtual screen to enable double buffering and vsync, this is the print output when running a Qt app:-

QEglFSVivIntegration will set environment variable FB_MULTI_BUFFER=2 to enable double buffering and vsync.
If this is not desired, you can override this via: export QT_EGLFS_IMX6_NO_FB_MULTI_BUFFER=1

Cheers

James

0 Kudos