cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mingw32-make Error

broccolee
Contributor III

Hi, 

I am using TWR-K60N512 with PK60DN512Z VMD10 chip. I'm using Codewarrior 10.5 IDE with MQX 4.1. I was trying to build an mqx example project and I received the following error:

" mingw32-make: *** No rule to make target `C:/lib/twrk60n512.cw10gcc/debug/bsp/intflash.ld', needed by `explicit-dependencies'. Stop "

The above directory doesn't exists, but this does: 'C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\lib\twrk60n512.cw10gcc\debug\bsp', does this matter? If so how do I change the directory?

I was following the instructions in this document: "CW for Microcontrollers v10 and MQX" (Document Number: MQXCWPP). I have no problem importing and building the libraries, which is from page 4 - 6. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
9 Replies

broccolee
Contributor III

Copying the 'lib' folder into C:\ seem to have removed the error though I don't think this is the right way to fix this problem.

I also did this using a different way, which is to start a new MQX4.1 project and load an example instead of importing existing project. That seemed to build and debug fine with no errors. But, nothing seems to work, it probably means MQX4.1 doesn't work with the prototype chip that I'm using. (Must have been documented somewhere, and I just didn't read carefully enough..)

So, I installed MQX3.8 and ran the examples, and voila, it worked! The more reason to update my ancient prototype chip???

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Sorry for my  delay. Copying the 'lib' folder is not the right way because you will need to do this every time you rebuild the BSP and PSP.

You mentioned that you modified the mqx_root_dir from 'C:\' to 'C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1 this should be set by default in other way this is an installation issue.

In my opinion we can spend less time if you uninstall MQX (4.1), then erase manually the Freescale_MQX_4_1 folder and install again MQX 4.1 with the default settings.

Please let me know if this helps.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

broccolee
Contributor III

Hi Sol,

I reinstalled it and that didn't fix anything. The mqx_root_dir is still 'C:\' unless I start a new MQX project. Maybe I need to redownload the installer?? Hmmm... 

I take back what I said about MQX 4.1 maybe not working with my chip. I ran the GPIO example it triggered the LED as expected, but 'printf' doesn't work or maybe it works, there's no output on the serial terminal when there should be some texts. Hmmm, any idea what the problem is here?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

broccolee
Contributor III

Maybe I should have asked how to change the directory from: `C:/lib/twrk60n512.cw10gcc/debug/bsp/intflash.ld' to 'C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\lib\twrk60n512.cw10gcc\debug\bsp' . 

I tried changing the mqx_root_dir from 'C:\' to 'C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1', as shown in the attached image, but I still get the same error. 

How can I change the directory properly?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

broccolee
Contributor III

Are there other ways to ensure the MQX libraries are included and built correctly?

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, could you please add an screenshot?

Regards

0 Kudos

broccolee
Contributor III

Yes, of course. The red boxes in the image are the libraries that are included when I drag the .wsd file in. Then I made sure that twr60n512|debug was selected before building them. Let me know if you need more screenshots.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dao Yan Lim,

Did you build the BSP and PSB libraries?

Remember you need to build the MQX libraries (BSP, PSP, RTCS, Shel, USB ..etc) before build a mqx project.

Please let me know if this helps.

Have a great day,
Sol

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

broccolee
Contributor III

Hi soledad,

I think I did, so I dragged the ' build_libs.wsd ' file into codewarrior and selected the appropriate workset and built the libraries. Is this the same as building the MQX libraries? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos