cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MKW01Z128] Transceiver DIO pins

giancarlozanuz
Contributor III

Hello,

In the reference manual it is said that the DIO pins DIO0 and DIO1 from the transceiver must be tied to pins PTC3 and PTC4, providing adicional status information.

But I need to use these pins for other functions,  is it still possible to use the SMAC functions without connecting these pins? Im using the radio utility package.

Thanks

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

luisburgos
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Giancarlo,

Yes you can, you only need to be careful to select pins with interrupts to control DIO0 and DIO1. According to KW01 reference manual the ports with interrupts are Port A, C and D.

kw01int.png

If you are using the KW01 connectivity software, then it's really easy to change the DIO pins, just go to "gpio_pins.h" in KSDK folder and change the declarations for kGpioXcvrDio0 and kGpioXcvrDio1. The firmware will make the configurations for you.

Best regards,

Luis Burgos.

0 Kudos

giancarlozanuz
Contributor III

Hello, thanks for your answer.

So if I want to use the internal connection on port E (DIO0 -> PTE2 and DIO1 -> PTE3), is it not possible?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

luisburgos
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Giancarlo,

No, you can't. It is a design issue that was solved by connecting the DIO pins externally to pins with interrupts in evaluation boards.

Best regards,

Luis Burgos.

0 Kudos

petehighton
Contributor I

Hi Giancarlo,

From memory the SMAC software (which the radio utility uses) uses these pins on NXP evaluation boards so you would need to build a version of SMAC using alternate GPIO pins, if available in your design.

Best Regards,

Pete

0 Kudos