Is ls1021atwr machine supported by SDK V2.0-1701 ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is ls1021atwr machine supported by SDK V2.0-1701 ?

alessandromarin
Contributor I

Hello, 

I have just installed the QorIQ SDK V2.0-1701 release and followed the updating procedure (my previous release was the SDK v2.0 20160527-yocto) but when I run for the first time the utility "fsl-setup-env -m ls1021atwr" the program prompted me that ls1021atwr machine was not supported.

I really don't understand this because the ls1021atwr is listed as supported machine in the official NXP documentation.

Am I doing something wrong?

tank you for your kind help

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I tested SDK 2.0 using Ubuntu 14 and Ubuntu 16. Ubuntu 15 also can be used for SDK 2.0.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

alessandromarin
Contributor I

Hello Pavel,

I beg pardon but being new to this complex world I have still a question:

Once that the SDK V2.0-1701 upgrade is installed, the fsl-setup-env script can be run from the QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto directory? If I run the script from that dir. It works.

Thank you

Alessandro

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Use the following command:

dev@ammin-Latitude-E5530-non-vPro:~/QorIQ-sasha-1701/SDK-V2.0-1701/. ./fsl-setup-env -m ls1021atwr

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

alessandromarin
Contributor I

Hy Pavel,

I have read carefully your instructions. Thank you. I see that these are suitable for Ubuntu 14.04 or Ubuntu 16.04.

My Ubuntu version is 15.10, is it still the same?

Thank you

Alessandro

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We usually use the following command sequence for SDK installing under Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 16.04:

1. sudo apt-get install ubuntu-minimal ubuntu-standard patch vim-common sed wget subversion git-core coreutils libbonobo2-common unzip texi2html texinfo libsdl1.2-dev docbook-utils gawk python-pysqlite2 diffstat make gcc build-essential xz-utils g++ desktop-file-utils chrpath libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev autoconf automake groff libtool xterm libncurses5-dev cvs tofrodos

1. a) command: ls -l /bin/sh

1. b) command: sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash

Answer after password – No

Removing 'diversion of /bin/sh to /bin/sh.distrib by dash'

Adding 'diversion of /bin/sh to /bin/sh.distrib by bash'

Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/man/man1/sh.1.gz to /usr/share/man/man1/sh.distrib.1.gz by dash'

Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/man/man1/sh.1.gz to /usr/share/man/man1/sh.distrib.1.gz by bash'

1. c) command for checking: ls -l /bin/sh

1. install SDK cache:
  2. install SDK source
  3. install SDK V2.0-1701
  4. cd <sdk-install-dir>.
  5. ./sources/meta-freescale/scripts/host-prepare.sh

Usually Linux recommends also run the following command: sudo usr/sbin/visudo

1. bitbake fsl-image-minimal

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

NXP SDK 2.0 supports LS1021ATWR board if SDK V2.0-1701 is applied.

Use the following command sequence:

. ./fsl-setup-env -m ls1021atwr

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

0 Kudos

alessandromarin
Contributor I

Tank you Pavel,

I have really used the command you suggested to me and this was the result:

dev@ammin-Latitude-E5530-non-vPro:~/QorIQ-sasha-1701/SDK-V2.0-1701/sources$ source fsl-setup-env -m ls1021atwr

ls1021atwr is not supported by this build setup.

Usage: . fsl-setup-env -m

Supported machines:

Optional parameters:

• : the target machine to be built.

• : non-default path of project build folder.

• : number of jobs for make to spawn during the compilation stage.

• : number of BitBake tasks that can be issued in parallel.

• : non-default path of DL_DIR (downloaded source)

• : non-default path of SSTATE_DIR (shared state Cache)

• : enable Carrier Grade Linux

• : lite mode. To help conserve disk space, deletes the building

directory once the package is built.

• : help

dev@ammin-Latitude-E5530-non-vPro:~/QorIQ-sasha-1701/SDK-V2.0-1701/sources$

Have you any other suggestions?

Thank you for your help!

Alessandro Marino

0 Kudos