Kinetis W Series (MKW24D512) Programming basic example like LED Flashing using IAR (EWARM) request

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis W Series (MKW24D512) Programming basic example like LED Flashing using IAR (EWARM) request

Jump to solution
atillametetured
Contributor V

Greetings everyone,

My current role involves creating a ZigBee coordinator device using a MKW24D512 which is connected to i.MX6 processor via SPI. I have few questions regarding the system;

• I will be using IAR Embedded Workbench which sadly has no examples based on the mentioned MCU or anything from W series. Are there any primitive code examples for MWK24D512 that I can check out like basic LED flashing or etc.?
  • What bootloader should I be using? There is no W series related file in Kinetis Bootloader 2.0.0 so I assume that is not an option?
  • I will be using BeeKit for ZigBee application development. Is the output of the BeeKit directly deployable to the MCU? Does it include everything a bare metal MCU needs to operate (bootloader, drivers and etc.). 
  • i.MX6 needs to control MKW24D512 over SPI or I2C. UART was not connected in the design. Can I send SPI commands over to the Kinetis related to ZigBee such as network creation, adding/removing devices, controlling peripherals. (I realize I will need to implement an SPI layer that maps SPI commands to ZigBee functions).

Regards,

Mete

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Atilla,

You can download the Beestack 5.0.0 following the next link

Search Results: beestack 5 

The examples that we provide are in FreeRTOS or MQX. The bare metal code is not available.

You can find Zigbee examples C:\Freescale\Kinetis_BeeStack_5.0.0\examples and also the driver examples that you are looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Mario

View solution in original post

1 Reply
mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Atilla,

You can download the Beestack 5.0.0 following the next link

Search Results: beestack 5 

The examples that we provide are in FreeRTOS or MQX. The bare metal code is not available.

You can find Zigbee examples C:\Freescale\Kinetis_BeeStack_5.0.0\examples and also the driver examples that you are looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Mario