TRK-KEA128 only communicating one way

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRK-KEA128 only communicating one way

tylertrigg
Contributor II

I have two microcontollers programmed such that when you press a button on one, it will send a message to the other to turn on a light. The message is sent via an interrupt on the button, but the communication only works one way. As in, if I set them both up to run, I can press the buttons on MCU 1 to turn on the lights on the MCU 2, but when I press the button on MCU 2, the light will not turn on on MCU 1. In fact, whichever MCU I press the button on first after running will work until I press a button on the other MCU, then the communication no longer works in either direction.

175105_175105.pngpastedImage_3.png

I have a breakpoint set shortly after the MCU receives the message, and it will always stop at this breakpoint after pressing a button on the other MCU... but once I press a button on the receiving MCU, neither MCU will break after a button is pressed. I don't know if there is possibly a problem with the initial hardware setup before my code runs, but does anyone have an idea of why the message can only be distributed one direction?

My project is attached below:

Thank you,

Tyler

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

First of all, sorry for the later reply.

I had tested your code with two TRK-KEA128 board without any problem.

Please check attached video for the detailed info.

Below is TRK-KEA128 CAN PHY schematics, please check the STB_CAN pin voltage (it must be in low voltage, otherwise the CAN communication couldn't work)

pastedImage_1.png

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos