Debug access

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug access

theodorosveryki
Contributor II

I am trying to debug a piece of code on my LPC812 board and even though everything used to run smoothly so far, I am getting the following error message:

Error in final launch sequence
Error: Error reported by server (redlinkserv.exe):
Status fail
LinkServer has been terminated and will be restarted.
Please restart your debug session.
If the problem recurs, please power cycle your debug probe and restart LPCXpresso.

I searched on the forum and found that I need to do an ISP reset but unfortunately I can't seem to make it work. If my assumption is correct, is there a guide on how to reset the ISP of the device so that I can get debug access again?

Thanks in advance,
Theo

Labels (1)
2 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Theo,

The first thing to try with NXP LPC MCU's to recover debug access is to boot into the ISP bootloader. That is, GND the ISP pin, assert RST, then remove the GND to ISP pin. Once in the ISP bootloader, the target clock configuration is stable, and the debug pins are in their default state - you should be able to connect.

Note: The ISP pin is:

• P0.1 - for LPC11xx and LPC13xx
  • P2.10 - for LPC17xx
  • P0.12 - for LPC812 (please check in the user manual for the pin according the package)
  • For other MCU's, please check the user manual.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

theodorosveryki
Contributor II

Thanks a lot for the immediate response, Sol - I really appreciate it!

Muchas gracias, que tengas un buen dia :smileyhappy:

Regards,
Theo

0 Kudos