We are not able to rejoin the ZigBee end node to the JN5169 Host (with default IoT Control Bridge firmware) without erasing persistent data of JN5169 host module. For the first time, after a factory reset, We start the ZigBee network on the JN5169 host and start permit joining on host module to allow to join end node. In this case, the end node is able to join the ZigBee network. Now we remove or factory reset the end device and put it into discovery mode again and enable permit-join window on JN5169, Then Zigbee End device is failed to rejoin the ZigBee network until we erased persistent data of the host and start the network again on JN5169 host
We have tested with prebuilt binaries provided in the JN-AN-1216 package as well as compiled binaries from the default source of the JN-AN-1216 package. We have tested it with Zigbee gateway user interface GUI Tool (ZGWUI tool)
Above mentioned issue faced with JN5169 module only but the same thing works well if we use JN5179 as a host(same source code used for both module testing).
1. Flashed Host node(JN5169 DR1198 Dongle) with the prebuilt host binary(ZigbeeNodeControlBridge_JN5169_FULL_FUNC_DEVICE_1000000.bin) provided in JN-AN-1216 package and also tried by building "ZigbeeNodeControlBridge_JN5169_FULL_FUNC_DEVICE_1000000.bin" image from default application note source.
2. We have started network on the Host node(JN5169 DR1198 Dongle) and enabled permit-join window. Then we have put ZigBee bulb(JN5179 Dimmable light bulb) in discovery mode and it has joined with the host and we were able to control the bulb.
3. Factory reset the ZigBee bulb and re-enable permit join window on the host. Observed that bulb is not joining the network.
4. If we erase persistent data of the JN5169 Host and then starting the network and enabling the permit-join then the bulb is joining the network.
5. We have performed the same scenario with the JN5179 as a host but it is working as expected and there is not any joining issue.