cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boundary scan feature in i.MX6UL

surendrajadhav
Contributor IV

Hello,

Our i.MX6UL board is very small in form factor, so we can afford to have several test points on board.

I have gone through datasheet and learned that i.MX6UL supports the boundary scan feature.

Let me know whether I can test DDR3 and eMMC memories connected on board. These memories datasheet doesn't talk about the boundary scan feature(which I though it should have).

Let me know with boaundary scan feature I can only test i.MX6UL or all other peripherals connected on the board with CPU.

Regards,

Surendra

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

markwilliams
Senior Contributor I

An old post but was looking for info on JTAG_MOD pin and saw this.

Although DDR3 and eMMC are not JTAG enabled it is possible to test them to an extent via the iMX6 processor by manipulating the i/o. We do this with our iMX28 design but will also do so on our iMX6.

JTAG test suites such as JTAG Technologies and XJTAG can perform memory testing via the processor JTAG to check pin-out between the devices.

Mark

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Basically it is possible to arrange a chain of several devices, supporting JTAG Boundary Scan,

in order to test all devices in the chain. If the DDR3 and eMMC do not support such feature,

only i.MX6UL can be tested via Boundary Scan JTAG. Note, i.MX6 JTAG_MOD signal should be 
pulled up for it. 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos