How to change u-boot.imx start address ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change u-boot.imx start address ?

mehmetipin
Contributor II

Dear community,

We have a mx6DL board. I can download and run u-boot 2009; I downloaded the 2014 u-boot.imx, but it could not start; I noticed System.map file of .imx and .bin files are different(0x17800000 vs 0x27800000). I hope, I have u-boot-2014 to run, if I change start address to 0x27800000; but I don't know the way to do it.

Could anybody know, please help me.

Best regards.

Mehmet Ali Ipin

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mehmet

one can check uboot loading procedure in denx uboot documentation or for example
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35336940/understand-u-boot-memory-footprint
so one can try to change
#define CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE in uboot/include/configs/board/mx6sabre_common.h

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mehmetipin
Contributor II

Dear Igor, 

Thank you very much for your answer. I can see the map file variables are started from 0x27800000, but loading and jumping adresses are 27FF_F400; so u-boot messages are not seen on serial terminal. I woul be very grateful if you know how I can set them to 0x2780_0000 and 0x2780_0400? while I try to understand your stackoverflow link.

Thanks and best regards.

Mehmet Ali

0 Kudos