cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1012ARDB - How to reflash u-boot / RCW via built in Kinetis CMSIS-DAP

dieterkiermaier
Contributor I

Hello community,

please can you let me know, how I may reflash the u-boot / RCW on a LS1012A RDB without a CW Tap?

As there is a Kinetis with JTAG firmware on the board I wonder if there is way to use this?

Many thanks,

Dieter

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Re-flashing is possible using cmsis-dap, but make sure a valid RCW is available. Otherwise, only using CWTAP you can restore the board.

Also, note that cmsis-dap is very slow.

Adrian

0 Kudos

sabine_s
Contributor III

Hi Adrian,

Also, note that cmsis-dap is very slow.

Can you compare the speeds of the CMSIS-DAP to the CWTAP? Are there some additional things you can do with the CWTAP that you cannot do with the CMSIS-DAP?

I need to make an argument to my manager in order to make the purchase.

Thanks, Sabine

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

cmsis-dap is several times low speed than cwtap (5 to 10 times slow). This and the fact that over cmsis-dap rcw override is not possible is the difference between cmsis-dap and cwtap.

Adrian

dieterkiermaier
Contributor I

Hi Adrian,

many thanks for your support - that helped. Is there any further documentation how to configure a RCW / pinmux for LS1012A / ARMv8 devices and use them as default for own boards? Or in other words, what is "best practice" to make hardware adaptions - old fashioned way via dt adaptions or CW?

Many thanks,

Dieter

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Old fashion is ok, but using CW and QCVS (PBL tool and PinMux tool) it will be better. Take a look on www.nxp.com/qcvs for a short description of QCVS suite. Note that PBL and PinMux tools are free of charge.

Adrian

0 Kudos