Enabling Watchdog on iMX6 Solo (U-Boot SPL 2015.04)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling Watchdog on iMX6 Solo (U-Boot SPL 2015.04)

brendanta
Contributor II

Hello,

I have done search regarding the title however I could not find any information that answers my questions.  

I am looking at enabling the Watchdog Timer for my Freescale iMX6 Solo (VAR-SOM-MX6).  I have read the reference manual which outlines the following steps for Watchdog initialisation: 

70.6 Initialization

The following sequence should be performed for WDOG initialization.

• PDE bit of Watchdog Miscellaneous Control Register (WDOG_WMCR) should be cleared to disable the power down counter.

• WT field of Watchdog Control Register (WDOG_WCR) should be programmed for sufficient timeout value.

• WDOG should be enabled by setting WDE bit of Watchdog Control Register (WDOG_WCR) so that the timeout counter loads the WT field value of Watchdog Control Register (WDOG_WCR) and starts counting.

From: http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/reference-manuals/IMX6SDLRM.pdf 

I noticed in the U-Boot files (/drivers/watchdog/imx_watchdog.c) there is no support for the Watchdog Miscellaneous Control Register (WDOG_WMCR) which is the first step of the sequence for initialising the Watchdog. 

If there were any resources or guides upon this process that would be greatly appreciated.  

Regards,

Brendan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Brendan

nxp does not support spl for uboot, this may be posted on uboot mail list

U-Boot Info Page 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos