TWR-60DN100 hard fault with MCUEXPRESSO build

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-60DN100 hard fault with MCUEXPRESSO build

Cdn_aye
Senior Contributor I

I trying to get started with SDK V2.0 with Freertos, on the TWR-60DN100 board. I generated the correct board build from the MCUExpresso site. It will load but not run; it dies in a hard fault handler. I believe it is failing on the init of the system clock.

This leads me to think there is something seriously wrong with the build. I can download the hello world app from the Freertos site and that works. However there are limited drivers on that build.

Has anyone gotten the expresso build to run? Is there a simple fix or is the whole build suspect? I don't want to spend excessive time splicing code into the failed build to fix the clock and then find that there are other modules that fail because of a fundamental error.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Robert

kinetis k60d100m

expresso

this application failed to start

fsl_spi_freertos

freertos

freertos kds and ksdk kinetis

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Robert,

Can you point out which freertos example can not run successfully so that we can test it on our side?

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos

Cdn_aye
Senior Contributor I

Hi Xiangjun

Did you get all the get all the information I uploaded? Do you have any

update you can give me?

Regards

Robert

0 Kudos

Cdn_aye
Senior Contributor I

Hi Xiangjun

I have attached the file SW-Content-Register-KSDK_2.0.0_GA.txt in case that will also help.

I also have uploaded the zip file to the Amazon s3 site below. This is exactly what was loaded down from the NXP.

http://2017-01-17-nxp.s3.amazonaws.com/SDK_2.0_MK60DN512xxx10.zip?AWSAccessKeyId=1YRY3X8P49KQG5A3DG8... <http://2017-01-17-nxp.s3.amazonaws.com/SDK_2.0_MK60DN512xxx10.zip?AWSAccessKeyId=1YRY3X8P49KQG5A3DG82&Expires=1489793890&Signature=6PAboCaaNJYLu8zl%2FoiqeyDjNTU%3D> &Expires=1489793890&Signature=6PAboCaaNJYLu8zl%2FoiqeyDjNTU%3D

I have tried the hello world program and it hangs on the clock setup, I also tried the dspi test program, it also hangs t the same place in the clock module.

Thank you for the offer to help; this is a large project and we are dead in the water until we can get the basic system to build with the tools.

Regards

Robert Lewis

We do not use Processor Expert.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

What I asked for in the build from MCUXpresso was:

Cortex M4 Tower board, TWR-K60D100M

WINDOWS OS,

IAR EMBEDDED WORKBENCH FOR ARM

MIDDLEWARE:

CMSIS DSP LIBRARY (DON’T NEED THIS BUT IT IS AUTOMATICALLY CHECKED)

FATFS (NEED THIS)

USB STACK (NEED THIS)

IWIP (DON’T NEED THIS BUT IT IS AUTOMATICALLY CHECKED)

OPERATING SYSTEMS

FreeRTOS

0 Kudos