What's the issue with libsdk_platform.a ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the issue with libsdk_platform.a ?

garytivey
Contributor I

Recent install of latest Kinetics SDK, and I can't get "hello_world" to compile...

Have followed the instructions in the somewhat sketchy PDF for Linux installs... seems to be pretty buggy and the doc's are mostly for windowz platform.

I have used Kinetics on Linux (Fedora) over the past 2-3 years, so I'm at a loss to get this going. The freakin' ARM tool-chain is always a moving target.:-)

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gary Tivey

SDK 2.x doesn't need to compile platform library, If you have to compile libsdk_platform.a you probably have SDK 1.x version.

If you want to update to the latest version of SDK you can download it here; Welcome to MCUXpresso | MCUXpresso Config Tools , if you are using KDS, Also, you will need Service Pack: Eclipse add-on to add Kinetis SDK V2.x Project Wizard v2.0.1, You can find it in the KDS download page.

If you want to use the version that you have, you need to first compile libsdk_platform.a library, it is located in the path: <KSDK_path>\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\<your_IDE>\<your_device>

Hope this information could help you

Have a great day,
Jorge Alcala

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos