Meaning of "Invalid target system access" error message for CodeWarrior TAP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meaning of "Invalid target system access" error message for CodeWarrior TAP

christiankeller
Contributor II

I have a CodeWarrior TAP connected via USB. The device has worked fine before. Cables have not been changed or disconnected. However upon today's start of the CodeWarrior IDE, the connection seems not to get recognised. Instead the IDE tells me the error message:

"Invalid target system access: 'C:\Freescale\CW_PA_v10.5.1\PA\cdde\bin\cdde.exe'"

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. Is there a list of error message for the tooling with a description about its meaning?

The connection server does identify the probe correctly with the "findcc cwtap -usb" command.

From my experience the connection reliability with the tap and the IDE has been...unstable...to put it politely.

Labels (1)
5 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We are working on this :smileyhappy:

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You are trying to use QCVS or Performance Analysis or just a bareboard project?

Adrian

0 Kudos

christiankeller
Contributor II

SerDes Line config read in with the Assistant on the ProcessorExpert validation tool.

Same message appears with the DDR settings validation tool, which has worked before.

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Check if any cdde instance is running. Close all ccs/cdde/python process, restart CodeWarrior and check if in Target Connection the path to cdde is correct.

Adrian

christiankeller
Contributor II

Thank you, that did the trick! If only the message would be more helpful...

0 Kudos