Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update CodeWarrior for Kinetis V Series

Jump to solution
edwardkäding
Contributor III

Hello Community,

I have been working for some time now with CodeWarrior 10.5 and several Kinetis L processors and now I am switching to the Kinetis V Series due to CAN communications.

My problem is that I can not find any way to update my CodeWarrior to have all the Kinetis V config. files (e.g. Linker Files and .mem files). I have been searching the internet and the NXP site for the last 2 days.

I will be working with the MKV11Z64VFM7 and the MKV11Z128VLH7 processor.

Today, I have installed CodeWarrior 10.7 and this at least has got the Kinetis V MKV10Z32 config. files, but that's it.

Could anybody please provide me with the proper Link ("Location") for CodeWarrior new installation Repository, that I can get the Kinetis V config. files. Or some other way of getting these files, I would be really happy.

Or must I need to switch to a different programming platform (e.g. IAR)?

Thank you Community for your help,

Edward.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
edwardkäding
Contributor III

Hello Community,

I have just learned that NXP are changing their Kinetis design environment from CodeWarrior to Kinetis Design Studio.

I have installed KDE 3.2 and had suddenly had no problem finding my Kinetis V processor configs..

Additionally while creating a new Project, the KDE guides you to the NXP config page "https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/builder ".

The only problem I have is that now I have a fresh environment with all my missing settings. And my old Kinetis projectsare not working on KDE 3.2 because of missing make files.

Anyway, Thank you community for your help,

Edward.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
edwardkäding
Contributor III

Hello Community,

I have just learned that NXP are changing their Kinetis design environment from CodeWarrior to Kinetis Design Studio.

I have installed KDE 3.2 and had suddenly had no problem finding my Kinetis V processor configs..

Additionally while creating a new Project, the KDE guides you to the NXP config page "https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/builder ".

The only problem I have is that now I have a fresh environment with all my missing settings. And my old Kinetis projectsare not working on KDE 3.2 because of missing make files.

Anyway, Thank you community for your help,

Edward.

0 Kudos