Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 - ADC how to use more than 8 channels

Jump to solution
arkadyosh
Contributor III

Hi,
Start conversion by software trigger is only possible to SC1A, to use rest of SC1n need to use for example PDB but its can trigger max 8 channels. How to use more than 8 channels by one ADC? It is possible or I need to use ADC0 and ADC1 to get more than 8 ADC channels?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Arkadiusz,

Either you can program a delay for each pre-trigger with a help of PDB channel’s DLY register or you can use the back-to-back operation.

For a first case upon external trigger or SW start the PDB counter will start counting from zero to MOD value. The pre-trigger asserts when the counter is equal to DLY value. Thus you need to set the counter modulo and channels pre-triggers delay according to ADC conversion time, so the ADC will finish single conversion before next trigger came.

The back-to-back operation enables the ADC conversions complete to trigger the next PDB channel pre-trigger and trigger output.  Consult a RM for a possible back-to-back chain implementation.

BR, Petr

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
arkadyosh
Contributor III

Thanks for your reply Petr.
I miss in some way the second channel... I have next question, how to trigger the second channel after first complete? Can it be start without software intervention? I think I can use CH1DLY0 to start second channel after some delay or there is a better way?

Regards,

Arkadiusz

0 Kudos
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Arkadiusz,

Either you can program a delay for each pre-trigger with a help of PDB channel’s DLY register or you can use the back-to-back operation.

For a first case upon external trigger or SW start the PDB counter will start counting from zero to MOD value. The pre-trigger asserts when the counter is equal to DLY value. Thus you need to set the counter modulo and channels pre-triggers delay according to ADC conversion time, so the ADC will finish single conversion before next trigger came.

The back-to-back operation enables the ADC conversions complete to trigger the next PDB channel pre-trigger and trigger output.  Consult a RM for a possible back-to-back chain implementation.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Arkadiusz,

There are 2 PDB modules on this device. Each PDB module has two ADC trigger channels (each ADC channel with 8 pre-triggers). So the PDB0 can start up to 16 conversions on ADC0, the PDB1 then also 16 conversions on ADC1.

pastedImage_1.png

BR, Petr

0 Kudos