cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question, unused PCIe realated pins handling, i.MX6SX

Aemj
Contributor IV

Dear team,

I would like to ask about the configuration of PCIe related unused pins of i.MX6SoloX.

(1)

In case of not using PCIe, could you show me how PCIe related pins(PCIE_VP and PCIE_VPTX pins) should be treated?

(2)

Could you show me whether shoot-through-current can be prevented when disabling PCIe_LDOs?

(3)

From ‘Figure 10-12. Supplying i.MX 6SoloX power using integrated PMU’ in i.MX6SX reference manual(IMX6SXRM, Rev.1), my customer understands that PCIE_VPH, PCIE_VP and PCIE_VPTX pins should be connected to GND through capacitor when not used.

But according to its HW Devlopement Guide(IMX6SXHDG, Rev.1), the pins should be treated when not used as below.

- PCIE_VPH should be float or connected to ground directly when unused.

- PCIE_VP and PCIE_VPTX pins should be connected to GND through 4.7uF capacitors.

Could you show me which handling is the correct?

Thanks,

Miyamoto

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Miyamoto

1.3. in case of not using PCIe please follow recommendations

in HW Devlopement Guide(IMX6SXHDG).

2. there are no known issues with "shoot-through-current" when disabling PCIe_LDO.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos