MQX application don't run succesfully after 'go' of FNET bootloader

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX application don't run succesfully after 'go' of FNET bootloader

norbertoj
Contributor III

Hi, I'm using FNET bootloader in a KDS MQX application with a srecord image. I see in dissambler that the fnet go to entry point of my app and runs Hardware initialization of Proccessor Expert. However, when my code pass to _mqx function, it crash before finish _sched_start_internal, and don't start my MQX tasks. I don't know if it is problem of the memory because I have tested yet my code without bootloader and the changes in the linker file and it worked well. 

My major suspicion is that linker file has some wrong in the ROM Vectors. I'm using MQX 4.2.0. I leave you my linker file. 

And, yes I change MQX_ROM VECTOS to 0

Sincerely,

Norberto Leonardo Jiménez Mendoza

Original Attachment has been moved to: intflash.ld.zip

0 Kudos
2 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Norberto,

Please double check the below line:

rom         (RX): ORIGIN = 0x0000C420, LENGTH = 0x0007FBE0  /*Code + Const data */

I want to believe that this appnote can be a guideline for developing your bootloader:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4367.pdf

This appnote describes how to add the FNET bootloader to Kinetis projects. There is a section that includes adding it to the MQX linker which is the section that I believe you will find useful.

In addition please check the below threads

A bootloader via MQX RTCS

MQX Bootloader

https://community.nxp.com/thread/330758 

Please let me know if this helps!!

Have a great day,
Regards
Sol
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

norbertoj
Contributor III

Hi Soledad. Hola Soledad.

I change the rom line how the appnote suggest:

rom         (RX): ORIGIN = 0x0000C420, LENGTH = 0x0007FBE0 - 0x0000C420

However, it didn't work. I see your links and I didn't understad how to implement the last comment of _sched_start_internal crash (svc) 

I don't know if I need to configure more the MQX in KDS or it something of the Vector of RAM that it's not correct. When I used my code without bootloader, It works. So, I think that is not enough change the section of memory in the linker .ld  Do you think that there is a problem in the size of vectorrom?

Sincerely,

Norberto Leonardo Jiménez Mendoza

0 Kudos