cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4xCAN + USB + Automotive?

rka
Contributor I

Hi,

currently I use the LPC1756 with USB and CAN to send and receive data to a Windows application. For this purpose, an very reliable driver solution exists and a bootloader enables encrypted firmware updates using nice windows applications.

I want to reuse as many as possible existing source.

For a new project, the microcontroller must be automotive specified, have 4 CAN units and best a LQFP48-80 case. Unfortunately I cannot find a matching microcontroller with additional USB.

Of course a small LPC or FTDI could be added or CAN used for firmware updates, but I would like to omit unnecessary complexity. Customers should be able to do configuration or updates directly using a PC or laptop.

Ideas or tips which microcontroller to use are welcome.

Best, Rainer

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

rka
Contributor I

Hi,

has there been any news in the meantime? The requirement for a current project would be:

- CAN-FD support

- USB

- ARM-Cortex

- LQFP 48-100

- Flash size 128kB+

How can I select in the NXP product selector CAN-FD, there is no option? Or did I oversee something?

Thanks + best regards, Rainer

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rainer

I did a quick check and I believe that we do not have a MCU with all the features that you request on the same chip.

we will launch the S32K that will have up to 6 CAN but this device do not have USB module, maybe you can use a UART instead of the USB adding a USB to serial.

32-bit Automotive General Purpose MCUs|NXP 

Regards

Vicente Gomez

0 Kudos