cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between a generated and example project with exact same code

borjaserra
Contributor I

Good afternoon,

I am working with the FRDM-KV10Z board. I am using the KSDK project generator to start playing with it. I also downloaded the KSDK 2.0 to get some examples.

The thing is that when I use the example for the pwm generator (called ftm_simple_pwm) I can build it and I see the blue led of the board dimming as it should. However, if I copy the the same code and add it into my generated project (it has all the drivers already) I can build it but the led does not react. I added breakpoints in the code just in case and it is following it as it should. I am debugging with UART as well and this one works for both cases.

I am using Kinetis Design Studio in a Windows 10 (I know the project generator is tested in windows 7). I have also tried to generate the projects with the advanced settings and even with both x64 and x86 executables (I know my machine is x64). Does anybody have a clue what could be the reason?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

borjaserra
Contributor I

Found the mistake. Silly thing. The pin_mux.c was different meaning that my generated project didn't have the initialization for the blue led. I needed to enable the clock for port D and state that I am using the FTM0 alternative. Then it worked :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

do you know, the "SDK example project cloning" functionality is provided in KDS directly under main manu - New - Project for Kinetis SDK 2.x?

Please ensure your KDS is updated from KDS update site.

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos