cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T4240 IFC CONTROLLER

venkatesansathy
Contributor I

Hi,

I want interface 4 NOR flashes with IFC of T4240  without FPGA. Is it possible with latch and buffer only ,please clarify.

Thanks&Regards

Venkatesan sathyamoorthy

0 Kudos
1 Reply

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Using FPGA is not mandatory to connect NOR Flash to IFC controller, you can do that only with latch.

Please look FIgure 12-6 in T4240 Reference Manual for NOR flash connection part.

If you want to connect 4 NOR flashes, please use remaining chip select lines CE[1:3] to drive NOR flash CE_B inputs, all other signals should be connected in parallel.

Voltage buffer is necessary, if your NOR flash I/O voltage is not the same as T4240 IFC controller output voltage.

Please also keep in mind total capacitance of all pins connected to AD bus and their effect to IFC timings.

When you attach large capacitance to output driver, its output timings are affected by RC-time, where R is effective output resistance of I/O driver, and C is capacitance of load connected. Placing extra load capacitance causes extra delays at output signals, and may affect IFC bus timings and finally affect bus throughput.

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos