cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hexiwear 802.15.4

jaimezornoza
Contributor I

Hello there!

I want to do a project using the 802.15.4 that the Hexiwear supports but Im not quite sure how. Is the stack loaded by default on the KW40 or do I have to download the 802.15.4 from NXP and uploaded to the MCU?

Thanks very much in advance.

Jaime

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

carlos_neri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hexiwear is not loaded with 802.15.4 but you can work with it by building a custom application. You'd need the KW40 Connectivity Software:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=KW40Z-CONNECTIVITY-SOFTWARE&appType=license&Parent_nodeI... 

Sample codes for 802.15.4 can be find at:

KW40Z_Connectivity_Software_1.0.1\ConnSw\examples\ieee_802_15_4

and

KW40Z_Connectivity_Software_1.0.1\ConnSw\examples\smac

Note that you'll need tweak the projects to work with Hexiwear pinout (can use the BLE project as reference) and you'll probably need to add the communication between K64 and KW40Z from BLE project.

0 Kudos

jaimezornoza
Contributor I

Hello Carlos,

Thanks for your answer.

What I want to try to do is import the 802.15.4 PHY to the Hexiwear bluetooth project in IAR, so I can reutilize the UART communication between both MCUs from that project, and still use the notifications and Wolksense cloud service and all that, but also build a 802.15.4 App to go along with all the menus that hexiwear already uses. 

I know what to do regarding the MK64, and the communication between both MCUs, but I have doubts about how to import the 802.15.4 PHY and MAC to that Hexiwear_Bluetooth project.

Thanks for your help

Jaime 

0 Kudos