Does LS1043A system work without the CPLD?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does LS1043A system work without the CPLD?

upartners
Contributor III

We have bought two  Reference Design Board  based on LS1043 to develop our products. The board has a CPLD, unfortunately, we don't know what CPLD is doing? Would it be possible to give me an explanation  what is the CPLD doing? How can I get the CPLD source code? 

We intend to design board based on LS1043A,and expect that it can work without CPLD. The board must include the Ethernet, PCIe, eSDHC, DDR,JTAG,UART. Is it possible that the system can work without CPLD?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

According to board documentation, CPLD pefroms the following functions: reset signal generation, power sequencing, status LEDs, map/remap local bus chip selects, address latch for A/D bus, multiplexed pin function selection, NOR flash bank selection.

I'm quite sure it is possible to implement your board design without CPLD, if you implement necessary functions in any other way.

CPLD source code is available under NDA. Please contact your local NXP representative (distributor) to sign NDA and get this information.

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

upartners
Contributor III

Thanks for your reply.

I have some new questions to ask:

1,The LS1043A has two reset-pin:PORESET_B and HRESET_B,What the difference between the PORESET_B and HRESET_B? Does the LS1043A need these two signal when it power on?

2,CPLD connect to  PORESET_B and HRESET_B , it generates the reset signals, include PORESET_B and HRESET_B. In the system without CPLD,how to use these two signal?

Could I get your help?

Have a great day.

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

PORESET is input signal, it initiates "Power-on reset sequence". HRESET is I/O signal. It may be output, actively driven by LS1043A processor to indicate Power-on reset sequence, or it may be input driven by external device to indicate that external device needs to prolong reset sequence. Note that HRESET should not be used to initiate reset procedure for LS1043A processor - LS1043A Reference Manual explicitly says "For reset assertion to the chip, use only PORESET_B".

For more information please look LS1043A Reference Manual, Section 4.4.1 "Power-on reset sequence"

0 Kudos