cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with ISP mode flash

agonzalez
Contributor II

Hello, I am trying to regain access to target MCU. I've read this: 

Regaining debug access to target MCU &  ISP Reset over debug.

I know that the 1549 is in ISP mode because I'm monitoring the signal activity on the pins and everything goes quiet after pressing and releasing Reset while holding ISP0 & 1. So I get that far. But while entering a debug or flash session I still don't get anywhere.

Debug error: pastedImage_1.png

Flash Error:

pastedImage_2.png

Any help with regaining access would be appreciated. There's 3 boards that are locked up from this same error and I've really been spinning my wheels on this for some time now.

Labels (2)
3 Replies

petervangrieken
Contributor II

When keeping ISP0/1 both low, the LPC1549 uses the uart for programming. You should use flashmagic (Flash Magic - Welcome ) to download you hex file over the uart using an usb-serial convertor.

juanabelaira
Contributor III

Thanks to this, I saved a board and potentially others. I wonder why it's so relatively easy to brick them

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Could you please try the following steps?

1. Power off first
    2. Connect ISP pin to GND
    3. Connect RST pin to GND
    4. Power ON
    5. Wait 5~10 sec
    6. Disconnect ISP pin to GND ----> Keep power ON
    7. Disconnect RST pin to GND ----> Keep power ON
    8. Programming ----> Still power ON

Please let me know if this helps!

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos