AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using MSCAN of FRDM-KEAZ64 board with Processor Expert

Question asked by Pilwon Heo on Jan 6, 2017

Hello,

I am trying to establish CAN communication with the FRDM-KEAZ64 board using Processor Expert (in Kinetis Design Studio 3.2.0).

Because I successfully implemented other components like GPIO, ADC, AsynchroSerial, ..., I approached similarly; I added CAN_LDD component to the project and set it following the 'CAN_LDD Typical Usage' found in 'Help on Component'.

Especially, I started to try the section 'Sending data frame with interrupt service'. There are some differences between my actual project and the example settings as following:

1. I defined two message buffers as provided as a default, unlike the only one message buffer set in the example.

2. I changed the default pin settings to Rx: PTC6 and Tx: PTC7 as found in the schematic of the board.

3. Receive buffer is message buffer no.1 and transmit buffer is message buffer no.2. (I left the default setting unchanged.)

But when I generated code and started debugging, it seems that the 'OnFreeTxBuffer' function is not called at all. So 'DataFrameTxFlg' remained 0 and therefore the process execution stuck to the line 'while (!DataFrameTxFlg) { }'.

The CAN_HI and CAN_LO pins in J13 on the board were connected to another CAN transceiver module which was set to receive data.

I wonder whether I missed some important steps or not... I attached the project files. Could you please suggest solution to my problem?

Thank you in advance.

Original Attachment has been moved to: test8-(FRDM_KEAZ64Q64).zip

Outcomes