cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TJA1055T/3 TRANSCEIVER

arunkumar93
Contributor I

HI,

i am using the TJA1055T/3 CAN transceiver. 

i am using the microcontroller from the TI product. 

i want to develop the FTCAN .  so i am choosing this CAN transceiver IC. 

I have a problem . my code is working for normal CAN communication . now i want to make that CAN to FTCAN. 

I connect my CANTX and CANRX pin to the TJA1055T/3 as per the datasheet. i gave every conncetion properly. 

but i can not transmit the data . i dont know what i want to do . i am not sure about that TJA1055T/3 pin 4,5,6.

i gave 3.3v through gpio pin to the pin : 5,6.  i did not gave any input to the pin 4. 

i cannot transmit the data through that TJA1055T/3 transceiver. 

can you please tell me how can i use those pins. and give me some solutions for this problem.

regards

Arun Kumar.N

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

did you follow application circuitry given in the datasheet (http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/TJA1055.pdf ) or in Application Hints document (http://www.nxp.com/documents/report/AH0801.pdf)?

Also be sure you are using max baudrate of 125kbps.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

arunkumar93
Contributor I

hi sir,

i desined my circuit similar to what ever its given in the data sheet.

i configure my program for 100 kbps.

i have a few questions in my mind regarding that transceiver....

1) if the program is working properly in the normal CAN transceiver means it will work properly in this FTCAN transceiver also ??  

other wise i want to do any changes in the program side ?

2) i am not sure, if i am simply change the CAN transceiver means it will converT from the normal CAN to  FTCAN ??

3)  other than baudrate what are the other things i want to concentrate in the FTCAN transceiver side ???

i attached what ever the circuit i designed in the below. can you please suggest me some solution sir...

Capture.JPG

regards

Arun kuma.N

0 Kudos