cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about SRecCvt-GUI

jihaohu
Contributor II

Hi,

i want to convert S19 from banked format to linear format,but i don't want to use SRecCvt-GUI,i want to use the program to convert,so can you tell me what's the principle of STecCvt-GUI?

Thanks a lot for any replies

Labels (1)
5 Replies

jihaohu
Contributor II

i use the Bootloader demo of AN4258SW

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jihao,

The basic SRecCvt functionality is that it read S-reconds from the input file, fill data into virtual memory map on PC and write this virtual memory map back into the output S-reconds file. The rules for reading the input file and writing output file depends on your configuration (MCU derivative, input/output address format,…).

If I understood correctly, that you want to skip this conversion and do it directly in the bootloader. Correct?

From your description isn’t clear a reason for that step. Could you please clarify it?

Anyway, it is possible, but it will make bootloader more complex.

The SRecCvt converter tool mainly manages (except address format conversion) that:

1. every flash phrase will have just one programming cycle – you don’t need the buffer in MCU RAM the for the whole Flash sector when there will be potentially two different S-records pointed to the same Flash Eg. Separate S-records for FSEC and FPROT byte configuration in Flash. Note: Flash phrase cannot be reprogrammed without sector erase due to ECC.

2. every S-record has exactly 32 bytes and it is aligned to 32 byte boundary. That makes bootloader logic significantly simpler.

Maybe it makes sense to little bit play with the burner.bbl file configuration for output S-Rec files. The bbl syntax is described in "c:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CWS12v5.1\Help\PDF\Build_Tools_Utilities.pdf" document.

This will simply allow generating s19 files with addresses in linear(global) address format, but I am not sure whether you will be able to reach the same result as with using SRecCvt tool in order to fulfill above mentioned AN4258 bootloader requirements (32 byte S-record length and alignment, no more than only one S-records referenced any Flash phrase).

Tip: If you just need to skip configuration of SRecCvt graphical user interface and make the conversion more “automatized”, you may start SRecCvt-GUI.exe with pressed Ctrl button. It will open additional Debug Command window where you may see a command line command for conversion and execution log (when you configure GUI and press Convert button). The command from Debug Command window may by lately used as any other post process command….

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

deeemon8
Contributor II

Подскажите пожалуйста где скачать SrecCVT-GUI ? The website of the NXP is not downloadable.

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dmitry,

Please download the attached file.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

jihaohu
Contributor II

Hi Radek,

i'm sorry to relay you so late.i have solved this problem.i added special code in the Bootloader programmer to  instead the function of SRecCvt-GUI.

thanks a lot for your replie.

Have a great day,

Jihao

0 Kudos