How to compile linux kernel for P4080 with no SMP (just one cpu)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to compile linux kernel for P4080 with no SMP (just one cpu)

paramahansapolo
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm trying to compile the linux kernel (SDK 2.0) with no SMP support, since I intended to run it just on one CPU.

I disabled CONFIG_SMP in menuconfig, after that compilation fails with the following error message

CC      arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_rcpm.o
  CC      arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_lbc.o
/home/ppolo/Workspace/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_p4080ds/tmp/work-shared/p4080ds/kernel-source/arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_rcpm.c: In function 'rcpm_v1_irq_mask':
/home/ppolo/Workspace/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_p4080ds/tmp/work-shared/p4080ds/kernel-source/arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_rcpm.c:32:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'get_hard_smp_processor_id' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  int hw_cpu = get_hard_smp_processor_id(cpu);
  ^
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make[3]: *** [arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_rcpm.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: *** [arch/powerpc/sysdev] Error 2
make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make: *** [__sub-make] Error 2
ERROR: oe_runmake failed
ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/ppolo/Workspace/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_p4080ds/tmp/work/p4080ds-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/temp/log.do_compile.16729)

Does anybody knows what other step has to be taken in order to compile the linux kernel with no SMP support?

Many thank in advance,

-Paramahansa

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, it is not possible. This BSP provides kernel generation minimum for two cores.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos