AnsweredAssumed Answered

Kinetis SAI module

Question asked by Hy Mai Employee on Jan 3, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 5, 2017 by xiangjun.rong

Customer plans to  feed I2S audio stream that consists of both left/right channel audio data into K22, and the FW is expected to perform some rudimentary processing on the raw I2S data received.  This processing must be done independently for left and right channel, so obviously the first task is to be able to separate the left channel data from the right channel. 

Looking at the K22 spec, the SAI module provides two receive data pins (SAI_RXDATA0 and SAI_RXDATA1), and that there are also two receive data registers (I2S0RDR0, I2S0_RDR1), so the customer assume each pin has its own dedicated receive register.  They want  to feed the incoming I2S audio stream into both pins, but mask out the left channel data on one path and right channel on the other path, so that one receive data register will only get left channel data and the other only right channel data.  However, it looks like there is only one instance of receive mask register.  So does that mean whatever value they program into that mask register will identically affect both receive paths?

Are there any appnotes related to SAI module?

Regards,

hy

Outcomes