cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RGMII and RMII interface

riteshpatel
Contributor II

Hi,

We have used iMX6Q processor (DART-MX6 Variscite SOM) in my design. We have connected iMX6Q RGMII interface with RMII interface of KSZ8081 PHY. Find attached schematic. 

Ethernet interface is not working on our hardware.

Please review & let us know what modifications are required to work RGMII interface as a RMII on iMX6Q processor.

Seeking for your early response.

Thanks,

Ritesh

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

riteshpatel
Contributor II

Hi

Any update??

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ritesh,

please remove R47, and populate R50!

It means we will use RMII_REF_CLK to be PHY's working clock and MAC reference clock!

Then try!

Hope above suggestion can help you!

Best Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos

riteshpatel
Contributor II

Hi Weiding,

To clarify further, I have connected RGMII interface of iMX6Q with KSZ8081 which only support RMII interface.

Thanks

0 Kudos

riteshpatel
Contributor II

Hi Weiding,

Thanks for quick response.

Can you let us know which modifications required in firmware/driver to convert RGMII to RMII interface? I have connected RGMII interface of iMX6Q to RMII interface of KSZ8081 PHY.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

fx73
Contributor I

"Can you let us know which modifications required in firmware/driver to convert RGMII to RMII interface?"

Did you ever find out what software mods were required to get the RMII to function?

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

RGMII and RMII use different pins. You can find the RMII pin list in the reference manual. If you use RGMII pins, this cannot be modified in software.

weidong

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Hi,

Is your problem solved? Now I also use this chip, and the interface is also converted from RGMII to RMII

0 Kudos