cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEVKIT-S12XE schematic

Jump to solution
wb9ypa
Contributor II

Does anyone know where I can obtain a complete schematic for the DEVKIT-S12XE board?  I've opened the PDF file from NXP's website only to find that six of the seven sheets are missing.  Only page 5 is there.  Any help would greatly appreciated.devkit-s12xe

Labels (1)
1 Solution
wb9ypa
Contributor II

Dear Mr. Sestak,

I wish to thank you for correcting the schematic for the DEVKIT-S12XE and you were very prompt in getting back to me I must say!  I can't believe how awesome the S12 series microcontrollers are.  I had an application that used the old Motorola MC6809 CPU and needed a way to implement the entire controller board into a nice single chip solution.  I thought about implementing the 6809 into an FPGA using an open source core, but, I didn't have the time to sort out the bugs in doing that so I kept searching for something rather similar in architecture to it and I discovered S12 series components by NXP.  A programming model very similar to the 6809 only without the "U" register which turned out to be simple to implement.  I didn't have to rewrite several thousand lines of assembly either!  Using an editor I simply changed LDA's to LDAA's, etc, implemented the built in timers and such to replace the bit-banger code and delay loops and the project is nearly complete!  I can do so much with the S12XE part and with the XGATE co-processor the sky is the limit.  This is the Swiss army knife of all microcontrollers and my personal opinion is I think it is being sold short by being called an automotive microcontroller.  And what makes the whole thing even neater, your DEVKIT is connect compatible with the Arduino's shields".  Your products should get the Cool Stuff Award.20170107_053317.jpg

Yours truly,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your bug report.

You are right, the pdf at our web pages is wrong. I will report it to application team.

Attached is the schematic file with all pages.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

UPDATE:

Fixed. The complete schematic has been uploaded to the web page.

wb9ypa
Contributor II

Dear Mr. Sestak,

I wish to thank you for correcting the schematic for the DEVKIT-S12XE and you were very prompt in getting back to me I must say!  I can't believe how awesome the S12 series microcontrollers are.  I had an application that used the old Motorola MC6809 CPU and needed a way to implement the entire controller board into a nice single chip solution.  I thought about implementing the 6809 into an FPGA using an open source core, but, I didn't have the time to sort out the bugs in doing that so I kept searching for something rather similar in architecture to it and I discovered S12 series components by NXP.  A programming model very similar to the 6809 only without the "U" register which turned out to be simple to implement.  I didn't have to rewrite several thousand lines of assembly either!  Using an editor I simply changed LDA's to LDAA's, etc, implemented the built in timers and such to replace the bit-banger code and delay loops and the project is nearly complete!  I can do so much with the S12XE part and with the XGATE co-processor the sky is the limit.  This is the Swiss army knife of all microcontrollers and my personal opinion is I think it is being sold short by being called an automotive microcontroller.  And what makes the whole thing even neater, your DEVKIT is connect compatible with the Arduino's shields".  Your products should get the Cool Stuff Award.20170107_053317.jpg

Yours truly,

Mike

0 Kudos