cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior running slow on Windows 7 64 bit

Jump to solution
mikhailpolyakov
Contributor I

I'm trying to debug K65 with MQX application in CodeWarrior 10.7.  I have a professional license.

Every time I set a break point, it takes over 30 seconds for the windows to settle after it hits the break point.   Then, when I try to step through the code, it may take a couple of minutes to go from one statement to the next.  I'm running on 1 Windows 7 64 bit machine with 8 GBytes of RAM, so memory is not a problem.  Are there any settings I need to check?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mikhailpolyakov
Contributor I

Hi Jennie,

Thank you very much for your answers.  It looks like the .metadata folder had a problem.  After deleting the folder, the debugger became usable again.

I also tried to disable OS Awareness flag, but that did not lead to any performance improvements.

Regards,

Mike Polyakov

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mikhailpolyakov
Contributor I

Hi Jennie,

Thank you very much for your answers.  It looks like the .metadata folder had a problem.  After deleting the folder, the debugger became usable again.

I also tried to disable OS Awareness flag, but that did not lead to any performance improvements.

Regards,

Mike Polyakov

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Here is some questions:

- Is this problem is for a specific project or a common issue for all project? how the debugger works if you create a new project with wizard?

- To identify if the problem is because of MQX OS Awareness. please set Target OS as "None", then see how the debug works?

pastedImage_1.png

- what board do you work with? FRDM or TWR board? I may suggest you update the debug port firmware and see how it works?

- backup current workspace .metadata folder then remove it from your workspace. test how debug works?

- if all above can not change anything, try reinstall CW. then test again. How does debug work?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos