cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kds directory not recognized in "Import Working Sets and Projects"

Jump to solution
robertpoor
Senior Contributor I

I'm trying to compile and run the ubiquitous "hello_world" demo application under KDS v 3.2.0 on a Mac running macOS Sierra (10.12.1).  I'm following the instructions in the Getting Started guide.

After

File => Import...

I select

Project or Projects => Existing Project Sets

and browse to:

SDK_2.1_FRDM-KL27Z/boards/frdmkl27z/demo_apps/hello_world/kds

But when I select 'kds', the [open] button is still grayed out, so it's not clear how to import that working set:

173377_173377.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-23 at 7.00.42 AM.png

According to the Mac browser, KDS is looking for a "working sets definition" file, (*.wds), which does not appear in that directory.  In fact, a command line 'find' command does not find any .wds files anywhere under the SDK_2.1_FRDM-KL27Z directory.

What am I missing?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
robertpoor
Senior Contributor I

Answering my own question:

Rather than File => Import, simply do:

File => New => Select Kinetis SDK 2.x

Add a project name, assure that the Kinetis SDK folder is properly set up, click [Next >].  In the Select Kinetis Processor, Board or Example dialog panel, navigate to:

Boards => FRDM-KL27Z board => Examples => demo_apps => hello_world

(Of course, this assumes that you're working with a FRDM-KL27Z board.  Select what's appropriate for your board.)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
robertpoor
Senior Contributor I

Answering my own question:

Rather than File => Import, simply do:

File => New => Select Kinetis SDK 2.x

Add a project name, assure that the Kinetis SDK folder is properly set up, click [Next >].  In the Select Kinetis Processor, Board or Example dialog panel, navigate to:

Boards => FRDM-KL27Z board => Examples => demo_apps => hello_world

(Of course, this assumes that you're working with a FRDM-KL27Z board.  Select what's appropriate for your board.)

0 Kudos