Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW rev 3 registration to Metrowers--a continuation in reply of Radek Sestak

Jump to solution
rameshpatel
Contributor II

Hi Radek  Thank you for your reply.

I purchased from a distributor the product of SofTek :  inDART HCS12   with evaluation board IDB HCS12E

It came with CD having CW rev 3.As far as limited code size i am satisfied.But when I try to use code for SCI application

noted in  the folder HCS12 stationary it creates more than limited max number of files and I am blocked because I have

DEMO version.My basic question is :If key for CW rev 3 is not possible to get then, will I have to purchase new evaluation kit with CW  higher rev.or getting licence key for CW rev 5 will be on chargeable  basis  ?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ramesh,

As I already mentioned, this board is old and it is delivered with the obsolete demo version of CW (latest version of CW in time when they designed that board).

The EVBs are typically not delivered with the full version of CW.

The generating license file for CW3 should not be a problem. However, the licensing area is out of my specialization. Please contact somebody from our licensing team by service request/ticket. But I suppose that it does not make sense to pay for and use that obsolete product as CW3 except the case when you already have some user project in that version and converting into CW5.1 do not work correctly. The look and functionality are almost the same for both versions except bug fixes and new features in CW5.1.

So, I would like to recommend use CW5.1 (latest version which supports S12E MCU family) with updates.

You may download the evaluation version and it will behave as Professional Suite for one month. After that it automatically switches into Special Edition with code size limitation (when you don’t buy a Basic/Standard/Professional Suite). The number of files should not be limited in CW5.1 Special Edition. The assembler and flash loader has no limitation. Limited is C compiler and C source-level debugger – in code size.

The price for Basic/Standard/Professional Suite should be the same despite on fact whether you use CW3 or CW5.1.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ramesh,

As I already mentioned, this board is old and it is delivered with the obsolete demo version of CW (latest version of CW in time when they designed that board).

The EVBs are typically not delivered with the full version of CW.

The generating license file for CW3 should not be a problem. However, the licensing area is out of my specialization. Please contact somebody from our licensing team by service request/ticket. But I suppose that it does not make sense to pay for and use that obsolete product as CW3 except the case when you already have some user project in that version and converting into CW5.1 do not work correctly. The look and functionality are almost the same for both versions except bug fixes and new features in CW5.1.

So, I would like to recommend use CW5.1 (latest version which supports S12E MCU family) with updates.

You may download the evaluation version and it will behave as Professional Suite for one month. After that it automatically switches into Special Edition with code size limitation (when you don’t buy a Basic/Standard/Professional Suite). The number of files should not be limited in CW5.1 Special Edition. The assembler and flash loader has no limitation. Limited is C compiler and C source-level debugger – in code size.

The price for Basic/Standard/Professional Suite should be the same despite on fact whether you use CW3 or CW5.1.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

rameshpatel
Contributor II

Thank you for your reply.

I have a book by H.W.Huang 2nd edition for HCS12/9S12 with supporting CD  It mostly refers to Dragon 12 plus demo   board for

MC9S12DG256B. I don't have  dragon board. Should I  purchase Dragon board also 

Now I  will use CW rev 5..1  for inDART HCS12 +demo board IDB HCS12E . 

0 Kudos
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ramesh,

Attached is SofTec PK-HCS12 V1.0.1 CD content, except adobe PDF reader.

I hope it helps you..

Have a great day,
Radek