AnsweredAssumed Answered

Customer i.MX6Q board can not boot from SD2

Question asked by Lei Yan on Dec 23, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 26, 2016 by igorpadykov

Hi NXP friends,

Here i have a question about i.MX6Q boot from SD2, the BOOT_CFG1 and BOOT_CFG2 are configured to boot from SD2, a 4 bit TF card in my customerized board, below is the schematic detail.

i configured BOOT_MODE[1:0] to 1:0, for the Internal Boot.

1. the boot config resistor:

the green marked resistor is removed;

2. the SD2 interface:

in this condition the BOOT_CFG1 and BOOT_CFG2 are configured as below.

all the power supply domain works fine, i checked one by one by Oscilloscope, it meet the power up sequence very well, as i expected, once i power up the board, CPU will boot from SD2, and i should see the SD2_CLK in scope, but there is no waveform at all.

i guess the BOOT_CFG1 and BOOT_CFG2 configuration IO voltage might be in wrong level, so i checked EIM _DA6 and EIM_DA14 voltage during power up, it seems the voltage is low, can not be pulled up by the reisistor.

it means the all BOOT_CFG1 and BOOT_CFG2 are 0, that's why it can not boot from SD2.

i also check these 2 pins, it seems that they are output during power up, is it NorFlash interface boot here?

i searched in internet, and somebody told it's about fuse, i also checked the fuse initial value of BT_FUSE_SEL is 0 as described in i.MX6 reference manual 3.8.1. 

the BOOT_MODE is 1:0, and BT_FUSE_SEL is 0, so CPU should boot from SD2 by GPIO pins configuration.

if i use MFGtool download from USB, it works fine in downloading, but it can not boot from SD2 at all, it seems CPU doesn't check SD2 while booting, no SD2_CLK output, and EIM _DA6 and EIM_DA14 are all low in voltage.

need your suggestion on that.

thanks in advance.

Cocobat

Outcomes