cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting started with MKL25Z64VFM4

Jump to solution
briancavanagh
Contributor III

Hi, I'm using this uC for the first time.  I want to use SWD however within all the documentation (see attached) I have reviewed, I have not found information indicating if I need pull-up resistors or not on the SWD_CLK, SWD_DIO lines.  Can someone advise me where I can find this information so I know where to look in the future.

Thanks,

Brian

Labels (2)
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

I recommend you read Kinetis L Peripheral Module Quick Reference.

This collection of code examples, useful tips, and quick reference material has been created to help you speed the development of your applications.

See section "2.1.5.1 Debug interface":
The SWD_CLK pin has an internal pull down device and SWD_DIO has an internal pull up device. An external 4.7 kΩ to 10 kΩ pullup is recommended for the SWD_DIO pin.

See also "2.1.3.4.1 RESET_b and NMI_b":
The RESET_b pin, if enabled, should have a 100 nF capacitor close to the MCU for transient protection. The NMI_b pin, if enabled, must not have any capacitance connected to it. Each pin, when enabled as their default function, has a weak internal pullup, but an external 4.7 kΩ to 10 kΩ pullup is recommended.

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

I recommend you read Kinetis L Peripheral Module Quick Reference.

This collection of code examples, useful tips, and quick reference material has been created to help you speed the development of your applications.

See section "2.1.5.1 Debug interface":
The SWD_CLK pin has an internal pull down device and SWD_DIO has an internal pull up device. An external 4.7 kΩ to 10 kΩ pullup is recommended for the SWD_DIO pin.

See also "2.1.3.4.1 RESET_b and NMI_b":
The RESET_b pin, if enabled, should have a 100 nF capacitor close to the MCU for transient protection. The NMI_b pin, if enabled, must not have any capacitance connected to it. Each pin, when enabled as their default function, has a weak internal pullup, but an external 4.7 kΩ to 10 kΩ pullup is recommended.

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------