We are using LS1043A, For SerDes Protocols Differential logic query?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are using LS1043A, For SerDes Protocols Differential logic query?

logeshs
Contributor II

In LS1043A, What Differential logic standard to be used? If i use CML logic standard does LS1043A supports? If i can use CML logic, what are the parameters i should take care?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

Serdes_IO.png

The SerDes interface can be used for PCI Express, SGMII, QSGMII, XFI, 1000Base-KX and serial ATA (SATA) and correspondingly the serdes inputs/outputs corresponds to the SGMII, QSGMII, XFI, 1000Base-KX and serial ATA (SATA) specifications. And it can be quite different. For example, the LS1043A PCIe serdes lines output Tx differential voltage at least 800 mV (typical 1000 mV) while for SATA it outputs Tx differential voltage less than 600 mV (typical 500 mV). So the NXP does not specify differential logic standard but provide DC and AC characteristics of the signals. I think it is not CML. However you can connect it to CML using AC-coupling. See, for example? LVDS <->CVL in
http://www.ti.com/lit/an/scaa059c/scaa059c.pdf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos