cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1769 + ethernet - how to connect to PC + simply C code

jakubpapuga-sza
Contributor II

Hi Guys,

I am looking for basic Ethernet connection schematic - how to connect my LPC1769 on LPCXpresso LPC1769 Rev. D PCB to the computer (Ethernet card)?

Do I need some special Ethernet transformer or not? Or just RJ-45 socket is enough? Can you recommend any schematic without bugs how to connect RJ-45 socket to LPCXpresso LPC1769 PCB?
I do not have any experience in Ethernet coding at LPC1769 so I need basic help to find very simple C code to run simple communication with PC - e.g. send any data bytes from LPC1769 to PC via Ethernet instead via UART + UART-USB converter (e.g. FTDI FT232RL).

I will be grateful very much for help at the beginning of that way.

Best regards,

Jakub

Labels (2)
2 Replies

tdo
Contributor II

Hi Jakub

For ethernet connection on LPCXpresso LPC1769 Rev. D, I have used a magjack RJ45. Here is the one I've used

SparkFun RJ45 MagJack Breakout - BOB-13021 - SparkFun Electronics 

Pinout :

MagJack Pin 1 : TD+ : J2-35 Eth_TXP

MagJack Pin 2 : TD- : J2-34 Eth_TXN

MagJack Pin 3 : VIO (3.3V) : J2-28 VOUT

MagJack Pin 4 : NC

MagJack Pin 5 : NC

MagJack Pin 6 : VIO (3.3V) : J2-28 VOUT

MagJack Pin 7 : RD+ : J2-33 Eth_RXP

MagJack Pin 8 : RD- : J2-32 Eth_RXN

MagJack Shield : GND : J2-54 GND

Hope it helps

Best regards

Thibaut

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jakub,

I think that the following document might be helpful for you, it explains how to build and run the LPCOpen Ethernet example projects, and the needed board and PC connections and configurations:

Getting started with the LPCOpen Ethernet Examples (lwip_tcpecho and webserver) 

The LPCXpresso LPC1769 board needs to be connected with base board in order to use the RS232/UART and Ethernet ports.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos